Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Need help with displaying a very simple report.

teknic111

Need help with displaying a very simple report.

Unread post by teknic111 »

What I'd like to do is have the values of all columns under a specific table display on the report. The report is not doing any calculations whatsoever. It is just displaying the the values of columns. What should my sql code look like to make this happen? Attached is a screenshot of the table and columns I am trying to make the report from. I also included a screenshot of my current sql code, which I'm sure is the problem.

Thanks in advance!
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Need help with displaying a very simple report.

Unread post by admin »

teknic111,

The SQL you wrote should works, as would...

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM repair_order
Also give your report a grouping..
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (23.72 KiB) Viewed 10721 times
Steven
teknic111

Steven,

Thanks for your reply! It seems my code was fine, but my grouping was wrong. I changed my group name from repair_order to repair_order_id and the report is working. However it is not performing the function I intended it to do.

Currently the report is printing all records under repair_order, but I'd like it to only print the current record the user is in. To try achieving this I added an "Extra Action Button" on the repair_order form that utilizes nuPrintPDF, which then triggers the report.

Here is a screen shot of the code I used for the "Extra Action Button"(perhaps that is wrong or my sql code needs to be amended)...

Can you please let me know what is needed to enable a user to print the current record they are viewing?

Thank you so much for your help!
teknic111

Never mind, I just solved my problem. I needed to add the following code to the end of my SQL...

WHERE ro_no = '#ro_no#'

It's now working as intended.

Thanks again for your help.
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »