Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

wrong user or password

boingemar

wrong user or password

Unread post by boingemar »

I have nuBuilderPro 3 with wamp apache 2.4.9 and php 5.5.12 mariadb (mysql) 10.10.17. (W7 64-bit 64-bit WAMP et c)

First I got errors about mysql_connect() and I changed the nuinstall_lib.php in 17? places and put a @ in front of all old mysql interface functions. After that the http://127.0.01/nubuilder/nuinstall.php went ok, however I cannot login to the database! I get "Your username or password was incorrect".

I have verified that the mariadb root user can be connected to, either via localhost or 127.0.0.1 from MySQL Workbench 6.2, I even have another user that grants me access from another computer to the database, via 'standard' security.
I did a complete reinstall of nuBuilderPro keeping only the nuinstall-lib.php and the config.php, with the same results.

SO, my questions are raised along these lines:
A) Does nuBuilderPro need SSL?
B) Does it test for mariadb version 10 and rejects for that reason?
what else can go wrong?

This is an evaluation only of nuBuilderPro, and I need to see how it really works, and if I can use this for pro bono project (where they don't have a real windows server version). and uses hosts files.

Thanks for any input on this!
boingemar

Re: wrong user or password

Unread post by boingemar »

I definately think it has to do something about the mysql api used. I did test Xataface and it had an option for choosing between mysql_ and mysqli and that worked although I did not like that Xataface interface. Maybe I'l rewrite the Nuibuilder pro files to support Mysqli, just to check it out - however, meanwhile I'll keep my eyes open for alternatives...
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: wrong user or password

Unread post by admin »

boingemar,

To answer your questions..

A)No.
B)No.

Steven