Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Records Overwritten in a Simple Form

prosmart

Records Overwritten in a Simple Form

Unread post by prosmart »

Greetings

I just started to play around with nuBuilderPro.

Created a simple table consisting of DescriptionID (int 11 and auto increment) and Description (varchar 64)

Went into the form wizard and created a form for this table.

First thing I noticed was that only the Description field was available for selection. Although in this case this was what I wanted, I'd like to know why the DescriptionID wasn't available and how I could make it so

Second problem was when I ran the form and created a new record.

I entered the new description text and pressed "Save".

Got a message saying that the record had been created., however the description stayed on the form. When I entered a second description, it overwrote the first one.

I then discovered that if I use a "New" button before I enter the second Description (ie after the "Save"), then everything works as I would have expected.

I tested this again creating what I thought was four records one after another, only to discover that the result was only one record.

Obviously if you are entering multiple records, you don't want to have to go in and out of a form.

Question: When I press "Save", how can I get the form to automagically refresh ready for a second record?

Thanks and Regards

Nigel.
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Records Overwritten in a Simple Form

Unread post by admin »

Nigel,

This is the way we suggest you go about defining tables structures in nuBuilder...

http://wiki.nubuilder.net/nubuilderv3/i ... _Structure

Fast Forms will create its own Primary Key and it will be a unique string rather than an autoID..

Steven