Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Pulling results from PHP Procedures to Frontend

hagie

Pulling results from PHP Procedures to Frontend

Unread post by hagie »

Hi,

I like to update a field in the frontend with a result of a php procedure.

I already know that it's possible to run the Procedure after save and update the database and this works.
Ist there a way to invoke the procedure without a new frame appearing and put the result into the field in the frontend?

Thanks
Stefan
mobilemcclintic

Re: Pulling results from PHP Procedures to Frontend

Unread post by mobilemcclintic »

Personally, I started off with using After Save doing queries and then updating fields based off the queries following a set of logic.
Now I am using onchange events attached to related input fields that run code from the Custom Code Javascript tab to do the same thing real time.
I'm doing instant validation (nag screens if a user isn't following instructions) inline with the JavaScript that smacks their hand and resets whatever they changed to a specified value (still haven't figured out how to put it back to last value..but I'll get there).
If any of that is somewhat in the direction you are looking for, look at the video tutorial about invoice totals that has a nice tutorial that is easy to expand.
https://www.nubuilder.net/videos.php
hagie

Unread post by hagie »

Hi,

I found my sollution in the nuAjax function.

http://wiki.nubuilder.net/nubuilderv3/i ... Name.5D.29

with this function I could run a php procedure and get the result as jaca scrip variable back.

regards
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »