Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Installation Issue - Can't Start Installer

ridgedale

Installation Issue - Can't Start Installer

Unread post by ridgedale »

I've tried installing nuBuilderPro3 in my hosting account via cPanel following the instructions provided on the website without any success.
In each case I cannot start the installation process owing to the following error:
It appears your database server is not configured,
please enter a mysql database name, user name
and password into your config.php file.
There is nothing wrong with the database setup or the username and password as I can use the database to install any other PHP/MySQL based software.
Hosting configuration:
Apache Version 2.4.23
PHP Version 5.6.24
MySQL Version 10.0.30-MariaDB
Note: I have been unable to find any information about system system requirements for nuBuilderPro3.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please advise.
ridgedale

Re: Installation Issue - Can't Start Installer

Unread post by ridgedale »

Update:

The local MAMP logs reveal where the problem with the installation lies. When the nuinstall.php is loaded in the browser line 52 is causing the installation failure - deprecated php extension: mysql_connect():
[11-Apr-2017 15:06:06 Europe/Berlin] PHP Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /Users/<path to local domain root>/nuinstall_lib.php on line 52
[11-Apr-2017 15:06:06 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning: mysql_connect(): Connection refused in /Users/<path to local domain root>/nuinstall_lib.php on line 52
I'm not convinced simply changing line 52 to use mysqli_connect() instead of mysql_connect() will resolve the issue as it is likely there may be other places/files in the codebase where the same deprecated extension or other associated deprecated extension(s)/code is used.

Any thoughts on how to deal wit this issue would be greatly appreciated.
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »

Try another host
longshot

Unread post by longshot »

Really Admin? thats all you got?
Maybe we don't need another host, maybe we need an alternative to nuBuilder!
Try again...
Dalkeith

Unread post by Dalkeith »

Longshot - get a grip - everyone knows configuration of web environments is tricky and that is NOT specific to Nubuilder
My Blog - cloudydatablog.net https://cloudydatablog.net/