Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Import old csv data to VARCHAR(25) id

jens

Import old csv data to VARCHAR(25) id

Unread post by jens »

Hi,

I'm new to nuBuilderPro and my SQL knowledge is (still) mediocre.

Up to now we (very small company) have kept our data in LibreOffice Calc sheets which caused lots of headaches due to data inconsistencies. I thought of moving it all to LibereOffice Base (kind of an MS access clone), but then I discovered nuBuilderPro which seems to be a much better fit since many people are supposed to work on the data over the internet. So we would like to move things over from our Calc sheets to a simple nuBuilderPro CRUD application.

We are pretty free concerning the database schema and I tried to follow the suggestion to create Primary Keys as tablename_id with type VARCHAR(25). What I wonder is how to import our old csv data with either phpmyadmin or the mysqlimport tool? The old data have no IDs, it's just row by row. Normally – as far as I understand – with importing the ID would be of type int (integer) and set to auto-increment. As I understand nuBuilderPro uses some kind of hash function to autogenerate the IDs itself.

So I guess I would also have to use this kind of hash function with or phpmyadmin or the mysqlimport tool? Or how should I proceed to import the old csv data?

Kind regards,
Jens

PS For context the whole application is supposed on the intranet office using Debian on a small Raspberry PI 3. The DB consists of about 10 tables with currently a few hundreds data sets.
jens

Re: Import old csv data to VARCHAR(25) id

Unread post by jens »

OK, looks like this has already been answered at http://forums.nubuilder.cloud/viewtopic.p ... ive#p12643 Sorry, I only found now while searching for something else ;)
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Import old csv data to VARCHAR(25) id

Unread post by admin »

thanks jens