Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Changing nubuilder layout

Lazo

Changing nubuilder layout

Unread post by Lazo »

I am a new user, so I am not terribly familiar with the nuBuilder tool itself and this forum.

Still, I wanted to do some changes to the tool's layout, and was wondering where the code that generates the HTML and CSS for nuBuilder is saved. I found the Header tab in the System setup that shows you some html and css for general objects, but large changes to the css affected the same object in other parts of the menu in ways I did not wish.

For example, I tried turning the nuTabTitleHolder into something like a sidebar, moving it to the left and reducing its width. I managed that from the header window, but since the nuTabTitleHolder has inside it the nuTabTitleHolderL/C/R, which hold columns in other places like in Fast Forms, it ruined the layout's format. I thought I could maybe create a separate sidebar with its own tab options to avoid disturbing the existing elements too much, but I can't the specific files that control the HTML. If someone knowledgeable on web design and nubuilder's layout could help, I would be grateful.
Lazo

Re: Changing nubuilder layout

Unread post by Lazo »

I've been digging into the nueditform and nubrowseform JavaScript files and have managed to do some simple cosmetic changes to the general forms with more freedom than in the Header tab you can find with the System Setup button.

Now I added a space to hold buttons next to the columns and rows in the browseform pages, and was thinking of adding buttons from specific forms to it. However, I'm having trouble finding the buttons themselves.

this.nuBuildButton = function(o,i,p) creates the buttons in the pages using the data given. This function is called later with form.nuBuildButton(formObjects,i,parent), where i is an index, parent is the parent object and formObjects is defined as o.objects, where o is the variable passed to the function nuBuildEditForm(o). Now, I'm trying to find a specific o that has the buttons I want, but I am having figuring out where to begin looking.

Even details on where the nuBuildEditForm is used would be helpful, as I can only find it declared in nueditform.js, but haven't seen it used anywhere.
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Changing nubuilder layout

Unread post by admin »

Lazo,

Sorry, but there won't be any more work on nuBuilder3 as we are releasing nubuilder4 in a couple of months.

I suggest you wait for that if 3 doesn't do what you want now.

Steven