Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

ERROR 500 on new installation on WP 5.2.1

Questions related to installing, updating, setting up and configuring
quistuipater

ERROR 500 on new installation on WP 5.2.1

Unread post by quistuipater »

I’m on WordPress 5.2.1 with PHP version is 7.0.33. I just installed the nuBuilder Forte version 1.5 plugin. The WordPress dashboard entry appears but when I click on Start nuBuilder I get "This page isn’t working xxxxxxxx is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500"
kev1n
nuBuilder Team
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: ERROR 500 on new installation on WP 5.2.1

Unread post by kev1n »

Hi,

From stackoverflow.com:
This can be caused by a number of things, such as:

File Permissions
Fatal Code Errors
Web Server Issues

As you have highlighted it is a permission issue. You need to ensure that your files are executable by the web server user

Please see below article for some guidance on proper file permissions. https://www.digitalocean.com/community/ ... -directory
quistuipater

Nope, all file and directory permissions are correctly set (0644 and 0755 respectively) ... remember that this is the WordPress plugin not the standalone nuBuilder (which I also can't get to work but I'll leave that for another post) and these are the ***complete*** installation instructions. If the user is supposed to do anything else then I would hope and expect the plugin or the documentation to say so.

I see that I have an entry in the error_log:

Code: Select all

[31-May-2019 20:39:21 UTC] PHP Warning:  base64_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home1/yyyyyyyy/public_html/xxxxxxxx/service/wp-content/plugins/nubuilder-forte/nubuilder-include.php on line 1559
[31-May-2019 20:39:21 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2019] Unknown character set in /home1/yyyyyyyy/public_html/xxxxxxxx/service/wp-content/plugins/nubuilder-forte/nubuilder-include.php:1732
Stack trace:
#0 /home1/yyyyyyyy/public_html/xxxxxxxx/service/wp-content/plugins/nubuilder-forte/nubuilder-include.php(1732): PDO->__construct('mysql:host=DB_H...', 'DB_USER', 'DB_PASSWORD', Array)
#1 /home1/yyyyyyyy/public_html/xxxxxxxx/service/wp-content/plugins/nubuilder-forte/nubuilder-include.php(717): nubuilderInitDB()
#2 /home1/yyyyyyyy/public_html/xxxxxxxx/service/wp-content/plugins/nubuilder-forte/nubuilder-include.php(664): nuSessionInitialization()
#3 /home1/yyyyyyyy/public_html/xxxxxxxx/service/wp-content/plugins/nubuilder-forte/index.php(6): nuInitialization()
#4 {main}
  thrown in /home1/yyyyyyyy/public_html/xxxxxxxx/service/wp-content/plugins/nubuilder-forte/nubuilder-include.php on line 1732
nubuilder-include.php line 1559 is:

$decode = base64_decode($_SESSION['nubuilder_wordpress_session_data']);
And nubuilder-include.php line 1732 is:

$nuDB = new PDO("mysql:host=$DBHost;dbname=$DBName;charset=$DBCharset", $DBUser, $DBPassword, array(PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_INIT_COMMAND => "SET NAMES $DBCharset"));
So, after a bit of poking around it appears that $DBCharset is not set.

Suggestions, anyone?

PS. In case it matters, I'm using Bluehost.
quistuipater

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? ...
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »

quistuipater,

All web servers can have different configurations. We can't afford to help everyone for free.

https://wiki.nubuilder.cloud/ ... nvironment

If you can't figure it out. I would suggest you pay for someone to help you.

I'm sure kev1n would be happy to be paid $100 if you asked him to help.

Steven