Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Help with installation?

Questions related to installing, updating, setting up and configuring
MikeRodent

Help with installation?

Unread post by MikeRodent »

Hello,

I am hoping to use and test out the standalone version. OS is Linux Mint 18.3.

MariaDB and Web server (Apache) with PHP configured are installed.

I downloaded the nubuilder4-master.zip file and extracted the files under my localhost location.

I ran (imported) the .sql file, and the nubuilder4 dbase is now there, with various tables.

I have not got the faintest clue what to do next. Apparently I am meant to configure nuconfig.php. So I changed the variable $nuConfigDBPassword to the MariaDB root user's password. This is localhost, i.e. 127.0.0.1 is the correct IP.

But when I navigate in my browser to the correct directory, nubuilder4-master, under the localhost directory, I just get a blank page.

I put a piece of text at the start of index.php to check that it was indeed serving this page... and the text came up OK when I reloaded in the browser.

Can someone please explain what I am not doing right?

It is frustrating to read at https://www.nubuilder.com/ "The trickiest thing with nuBuilder is its initial installation." ... have you ever considered expanding a bit and addressing what people get wrong with the installation? I'm fairly geeky and haven't got a clue.
kev1n
nuBuilder Team
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Help with installation?

Unread post by kev1n »

Hi,

In what browsers did you test? nuBuilder is not compatible with Internet Explorer. Also checking the developer console (F12) for errors could indicate what went wrong.
Last but not least check the PHP log files for errors.
Janusz
nuBuilder Team
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by Janusz »

and if on Linux you can have a look on the following:
https://forums.nubuilder.cloud/viewtopic. ... 799#p18616
If you like nuBuilder, please leave a review on SourceForge
MikeRodent

Unread post by MikeRodent »

Hi,

I wasn't using IE... just Firefox (61.0.1 64-bit).

So before anything else I just tried with Chrome... success! I get to the page with the two tabs and 9 buttons.

I shall look at any developer messages now with FF and also try and locate the PHP log file and report back if any insight gained.

(20 seconds later)

OMG, now works with FF as well! Maybe it needed a reboot to give things a nudge :)